Sunday, June 24, 2012

The "Transform my children" project...

I am the second to the youngest of seven children. I grew up with "handmedowns", small dinner portions, recycled bath water (because I got in the water last..YUCK), summers at Grandmas, a whole lot of church (every day of the week and twice on Sunday), early bedtimes (prior to 7PM) and plenty of scary stories from my siblings that still scare me today. 
I just had a conversation with my kids and they don't know any of the above.  Instead they know clothes of their own, large dinner portions (one meat, two vegetables, warm dinner rolls, sun-made tea, and dessert), sleep away summer camp, way too much television and small chores.  I have decided that over the next 60 days, I am going to transform my children from "faux silver spoon" to children with stronger morals than appetites.  We'll see how this goes.





No comments:

Post a Comment